Rocky Point Reservations is a privately owned Phoenix, AZ based travel agency that offers short and long term vacation rentals in Rocky Point, Mexico. They have been renting hotels, condos and houses in this quaint Mexican town for the past 21 years. This website had to accomplish more than just offering the look and feel of a postcard. Fasturtle provided Rocky Point Reservations with a complete website redesign, client controlled Content Management System (CMS), complete database integration, e-commerce integration, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and a Professional Hosting Package.
Rocky Point Reservations’ previous website needed to be updated and optimized for today’s competitive online market. They wanted to take advantage of the increased reservations, visibility and branding that an online presence would create. The Fasturtle team needed to create a custom platform with a straight forward, user friendly CMS that increased the speed of uploading new properties to the website. The client would often have rate changes for their existing properties and the CMS gave them the ability to make text and picture changes to each individual property in a matter of minutes. This was a drastic change that saved Rocky Point Reservations time and made it easier to showcase their properties and services.
The goal was to streamline the navigation standards to increase user satisfaction and loyalty, and develop a flexible architecture to allow for future enhancements and growth. Users also needed to be able to check the availability of properties and book reservations online. As Rocky Point, Mexico has grown so has Rocky Point Reservation’s competition. The client was concerned about driving new traffic to the redesigned site and establishing high rankings to better compete in the online vacation rental market.
- Simple straight forward informative website showcasing the properties and services of Rocky Point Reservations
- Streamlined navigation to increase usability and customer satisfaction
- Flexible site architecture and design to allow for future property and service enhancements
- Professional, interactive use of Flash technology to boost marketing efforts for individual properties
- Content Management System for website; integrated MySQL and PHP for ease of updating information – including 2 hours of client training
- Complete Search Engine Optimization to establish high rankings and drive traffic to the site
- Ongoing development of a network of linked sites that includes pertinent information about Rocky Point, Mexico including restaurants, scuba diving, deep sea fishing and accommodations
The Rocky Point Reservation online experience provides both existing and future customers ease of use and a wealth of information, giving users the ability to check the availability of properties and book their reservations online. The structure and backend programming of the website allows the company to easily manage and update information in real time, as well as capture and manage information about customers for future marketing efforts.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Results
Rocky Point Reservations has seen a significant increase in visitors to their site from Fasturtle’s ongoing SEO efforts. The straight forward design of this site also increased page views by two and half times.
|April 2007||April 2008||% Change|
|Visits per Month||3,572||11,601||+324%|
|Page Views per Month||4,940||40,752||+825%|
|Pages per Visit||1.38||3.51||+254%|
|Avg. Time on Site||1:53||4:26||+278%|
|% of Traffic from Search Engines||33.62%||61.55%||+183%|
- Flash 8
- PHP w/ CMS capability
- MS Access Database
- Technical Director: Paul Redmond
- SEO Specialist: Samantha Davidson
- Design: Heidi Claunch
- Programming: Jeff Coolen
Rocky Point Reservations continues to rely on Fasturtle to keep them up to date on the latest internet and website trends. Fasturtle keeps in contact with Rocky Point Reservation’s site administrator to add features, keywords and content as needed and is proud to be Rocky Point Reservations online marketing partner.