When creating marketing strategies for custom websites and custom mobile websites, small businesses tend to focus purely on increasing traffic through various methods, such as search engine optimization and pay-per-click. While it is obviously beneficial to attract more users to your custom websites in Phoenix, it isn’t the only marketing component that requires attention, which many businesses fail to realize.
Not only should your online marketing strategy increase traffic, but it should also increase the chances of converting users into actual customers. In order to do so, it is essential that your site deliver excellent usability. To provide the best possible usability for your customers, be sure to avoid the following mistakes, commonly made by small businesses throughout the country:
- Too Complex. Many custom websites and custom mobile websites are too complex to navigate, discouraging users from exploring pages deep into the site. For example, certain placements, designs and color choices can make it difficult for visitors to locate the information they are looking for with ease, causing them to hit the back button. In order to create the best website design in Phoenix, always keep it simple. Pages should have a very logical structure with components, such as headers and bulleted lists, making it easy to read and locate information on various products and services.
- Poor Content. Content is one of the most important components to focus on in regards to customer experience. If your custom websites in Phoenix are riddled with misspelled words, and content that has no real value to your target market, your business will quickly be discarded in favor of competitors that provide a more positive online experience. To create the best website design in Phoenix, work with a reputable company providing quality small business marketing services. A company such as this can help you to perform proper keyword research, and can create high quality, relevant content to vastly improve user experience.
- Too Many Options. A home page with too many options causes users to quickly become overwhelmed and frustrated. To avoid this situation, and provide your visitors with a better experience on your websites and custom mobile websites, narrow down the number of choices initially presented. For example, list only those that are most popular, and clearly label the proper courses of action for users to learn more.
- Poor Communication. Surprisingly, there are some custom websites in Phoenix that fail to list contact information, which is a disastrous mistake. In order to have any chance at bringing in customers, websites and custom mobile websites should always provide simple ways for users to get in contact with a representative. Methods of contact can include traditional avenues, such as telephone and email, as well as social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- No Clear Call to Action. Without clear calls to action, visitors may have a hard time determining the purpose of your content, leading them to flock from your custom websites in Phoenix. In order to avoid any confusion, it is important that you be very clear in telling users what it is you want them to do. For example, if you want visitors to download white pages or an e-book, create a sizeable download button in a bright color to attract their attention.
Avoiding the above mistakes will help you to create a site with excellent usability, allowing for a more positive customer experience.
If you are interested in creating custom mobile websites and traditional websites with a focus on usability, look no further than Fasturtle, a highly reputable company offering small business marketing services. For over a decade, we have been providing small businesses with the best website design in Phoenix and other cities throughout the nation. Our company offers all of the services vital to marketing success, including search engine optimization, website design, social media, email marketing, and mobile apps. To learn more about custom websites in Phoenix or wherever your business may be located, call Fasturtle at (888) 468-8785 or contact us online.