- There are 4 billion mobile phones on the planet, 1.8 billion are smartphones.
- In 2011 more than 50% of all local searches were done from a mobile device.
- By 2014 mobile internet use will be higher than desktop internet use.
- 29% of mobile device users will scan a mobile tag to get a coupon.
- Women age 35 to 54 are the most active group in mobile socialization.
- Children in the United States are more likely to own a mobile phone than a book (85% own phones, 73% own books).
With the enormous growth in mobile and smartphone usage, now is the time to integrate mobile marketing into your business strategy. Regardless if your business operates solely online, or has a brick and mortar location, you must have a mobile website. If customers can’t find you while they are on the go, you are not only losing business, but driving business to your competitors that do have a mobile site.
*Statics provided by Microsoft Tag