With over 1 million users, posting a listing to Facebook Marketplace is another way to reach your valued customers.
It’s easy and free of cost to all Facebook members.
Here are Fasturtle®’s Quick Tips to add a new listing:
- On the Marketplace home page, click the Post button next to the category you will be selling
Note: There will be 4 choices to select from- Items for Sale, Housing, Vehicles or Jobs
- Select the type of listing you want: Sell it, Sell for a Cause, Give it Away or Ask for it
- Type a title in the “What are you selling?” box and click POST
Note: Keep your headline Short, Accurate and Eye Catching
- Type the reason you are selling the item in the “Why are you Selling It” box
Note: This section is visible by search results, so be detailed and use this as an extension to your headline
- Type your Asking Price
Note: Consider completing a fair market value search on your product to insure it goes in a timely manner. Overly priced items will not sell and underpriced items could be considered a scam.
- Choose a Category from the drop-down menu
Note: If you don’t know how to classify your item choose “Everything Else”
- Change your location if necessary (This section is automatically updated from your profile)
- Type a Description of the Item
Note: You can type more than 4 lines of text in this section- Be detailed and honest about your product
- Add up to Two Photos
Keeping in mind that at least 1 photo is required
- Certify you have the right to distribute the photos and click SUBMIT
- Click Continue to close the Dialog Box
New Listings take 30 minutes to be included in a new search result. Facebook will display a small version of your ad and will confirm it has gone live with an email.
Fast Tip: Select YES on the final screen. This will ask if you want to post your new listing to your wall and the news feeds of your friend’s home pages. It will include a dialog box to write comments and will maximize your results.