Twitter has becoming an increasingly popular social media tool with an estimated 225 million users, generating 65 million tweets a day. The attraction to this social media tool comes from its simplicity to convey short messages (140 characters or less) in real time. Twitter has also grown as a search tool, handling over 800,000 searches a day, allowing people to search for specific words, terms and topics, and news.
Here are some fun facts on the social media platform that may prove useful when determining if Twitter is a tool you should be including in your marketing mix:
- 1 million Twitter accounts are opened every day
- There are 100 million active Twitter users in the United States, 50 percent of these 100 million users log in every day.
- If Twitter were a country, it would be the 12th largest in the world.
- 40% of Twitter users don’t tweet; they read news, click links, and follow accounts.
- 37% of Twitter users update their status through a mobile phone
- 30% of Twitter users have an income greater than $100,000.
- 92 percent of Twitter users say they would retweet “interesting” content.
- A Forrester report revealed that “Twitterers are the connected of the connected, overindexing at all Social Media habits. For example, Twitterers are three times more likely to be Creators (people who create and share content via blog posts and YouTube) as the general US population” (source Forrester report “Who Flocks to Twitter”)
If used effectively Twitter can be an incredibly powerful tool businesses can use to engage customers. The obvious use is publishing information about your products and services; however Twitter can also be engaged to learn about your customers’ tastes, interests and preferences. Twitter has the potential to provide your small business with a simple, easy to use social media channel to inform and engage your current and potential customers.
In today’s world, it’s essential that businesses participate actively in social media, simply because that’s where the customers are. In the digital age, when a consumer is preparing to make a purchase the first step is researching the product or service online. When consumers do an online search, the more online outlets you have, the wider your reach. Social media is currently the most popular way to easily share information and engage with your customers. The professionals at Fasturtle are experienced in creating specialized social media campaigns for a wide variety of businesses across various industries. We can help you craft the perfect strategy to increase your online presence and connect with your target market online. Contact Fasturtle online or call to speak with a representative at (888) 468-8785 to learn more about our digital marketing services.