As a local business, one of the key components of your SEO (search engine optimization) strategy needs to be local SEO. Local SEO involves a number of things, including:
- Using local keywords; for example, “computer repair service in Phoenix, AZ.”
- Submitting your NAP (name, address and phone number) to local directories such as Yelp, Angie’s List, Yellowbook and more.
- Earning positive online reviews.
But what makes local SEO so essential to your overall SEO strategy? The following are just a few reasons why you should implement local SEO into your online marketing efforts:
- Your keywords will be more effective – As a small or mid-sized business, the last thing you want to do is use a keyword that is too broad. For example, “computer repair.” If this is your keyword, then you’re competing with every computer repair service in the country. By using local keywords that include the city you are located in, you’ll reduce your competition to other similar businesses in your area and you’ll narrow your leads down to consumers who can actually visit your company’s physical location.
- You’ll be able to target mobile users more effectively – Consumers that perform searches on mobile devices are often doing local searches. Consider how often you’ve done a search while out and about because you were looking for a nearby service or a product. These consumers are more likely to make a purchase, which is why you’ll want to use local SEO to improve your chances of being found by mobile users.
- You’ll be easier to find – Google wants to reward you for your local SEO efforts because they are attempting to provide their users with what they want – which often happens to be information about businesses near them. By implementing local SEO keywords, earning online reviews and submitting your NAP to local directories, Google will be more likely to rank you higher on their SERP as well as recommend your business through Google Maps.
- Implementing local SEO is affordable – Using local keywords, submitting your site to local directories and encouraging customers to leave online reviews can cost as little as nothing at all! This makes it a marketing strategy that you simply can’t ignore.
Local SEO can help to not only increase your exposure to local consumers, but also help boost your sales. For additional advice on how to implement a successful SEO strategy, contact us at Fasturtle today.