SEO should be one of the most focused upon areas of any campaign for online marketing in Phoenix or another city. When done correctly, SEO keywords and regular optimization will help you to reach your target audience via search engines, which is essential for success.
As mentioned in our previous posting, the workings of search engines are highly complex, so it is recommended that businesses work with professionals to create campaigns for online marketing in Phoenix; however, there are a number of businesses that are still going it alone. These businesses run the risk of making a number of SEO mistakes commonly seen in online marketing in Phoenix.
In our last posting, we discussed 6 of the 12 most common SEO oversights. Today we will share the last half of the list:
- Duplicate Content. While your content may be fresh and original, it is possible that it was duplicated somewhere online. It is important that you regularly check for duplicates of your content on search engine results pages by performing searches yourself as well as with the help of an online program.
- Canonical Tags. Many business websites do not have canonical tags, which are the only way you can inform Google that you are the creator and sole owner of content on pages of your site. Canonical tags also are used for duplicate pages on your site that are just copies of an original page of website content.
- Content. As the popular phrase goes, content is king. It is essential that you provide valuable, interesting content with visitors to your page on a regular basis. The best way to achieve this is by including a blog in your plan for online marketing in Phoenix. In addition to sharing fresh content with your audience, it also gives you a place to regularly sprinkle in important SEO keywords.
- Analytics. Analytics are the most telling sign of whether or not your campaign for online marketing in Phoenix is working. While there are a number of metrics to look at, some of the most important include what SEO keywords you are being ranked for, the level of conversion you are achieving and where your traffic is coming from. This data will help you to make small tweaks to your campaign for online marketing in Phoenix overtime, leading to higher success rates.
- Social Media. Engaging with customers on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, helps to build customer loyalty and establish a strong online presence. Additionally, it is beneficial for SEO. Search engines have been reconfigured in recent years to take social cues, such as shares and retweets, into consideration when applying rankings to websites, so having an integrated social media plan is recommended.
- Backlinks. All backlinks should look natural; therefore, you should never buy links as this will very negatively impact your SEO. Having high quality websites link back to pages of your site provides you with link juice that will send your SEO soaring to new heights. In order to best achieve backlinks, create valuable, interesting content and speak with businesses that compliment your own to see if they would be willing to link to you and vice versa.
This list is only a small portion of a very long list of SEO oversights made by businesses every day. To avoid making mistakes like those listed above, and to achieve the very best from your efforts for online marketing in Phoenix, it is recommended that you work with an online marketing professional with high levels of SEO knowledge and experience.
At Fasturtle, a company specializing in online marketing in Phoenix, we have a team of talented online marketing professionals with a decade of experience working with customers across a wide variety of industries. Our services include SEO, social media, email marketing and small business website design in Phoenix. To learn more about creating an integrated campaign for online marketing in Phoenix or wherever your business may be located, call Fasturtle at (888) 468-8785 or contact us online to speak with representative.