Keeping a close eye on digital metrics with a program, such as Google Analytics, is essential to creating a successful campaign for interactive marketing in Scottsdale and other cities throughout the country. Digital metrics offer business owners valuable information about customers, which allows them to make regular tweaks to improve the effectiveness of campaigns. However, with so much data, it can be difficult for businesses to pick out the information that is most useful.
While most businesses focus on basic digital metrics, such as page views, number of followers, bounce rates and click through rates, there are a number of other metrics that are extremely important to interactive marketing in Scottsdale. In addition to the more basic digital metrics, be sure to monitor the following to ensure that you fully understand what is happening on your website and social media sites:
- Time Spent Per Page. While most business owners view large amounts of time per page as a positive metric, it is important to realize that this may not always be true. In some cases, it can be an indication that users aren’t receiving information as quickly as they should due to factors, such as poorly designed site navigation or long load times. If you have high time metrics on pages without an article, video or other interactive component, you may have an issue that needs fixing. Making tweaks to these pages will help improve user experience on your website and social media sites, leading to better search engine optimization in Scottsdale.
- Last Page Visited. In order to create an effective campaign for interactive marketing in Scottsdale, it is important that you encourage customers to explore deeper and deeper into your website. Pay close attention to the metrics of those users that explore at least two pages, and find out where it is that they choose to leave. If there are any pages on your website that hold 5 percent or more of the total number of people choosing to exit, this is a sign that the pages need to be changed. Include a stronger call-to-action, narrow the focus of the content or offer a relevant link to another page. Increasing navigation throughout your site is highly beneficial for SEO purposes as well as for interactive marketing in Scottsdale as a whole.
- Retweets, Shares and Comments. Many businesses focus purely on gaining the largest number of followers possible without any consideration as to whether or not the followers are passionate fans of the brand. What businesses need to realize is that it is much more beneficial to have a smaller number of interested, loyal followers on social media sites as opposed to a large number of low interest followers. The best indication of loyal fans can be seen through engagement metrics, such as retweets, shares and comments, so it’s important that you monitor these metrics, and aim to improve upon them over time.
- Unfollows and Defriends. Just as it is important to monitor the actions of your fans on social media sites, it is equally as important that you monitor those that unfollow or defriend you. Tracking the metrics of these users may help you to understand why they were no longer interested in keeping up with your business, and can show you the things you may have been doing wrong. With this information, you can then make accurate adjustments to your campaign for interactive marketing in Scottsdale to avoid losing followers in the future.
- Response Times. Business websites often have automated responses to inquiries, which should be followed up with a response from a real live person. It is these personal messages that are most meaningful to customers and potential customers as it shows that the business actually cares about them and their needs. Keep in mind that the personal message cannot be sent in a week or two, but rather in a more timely fashion in order to keep the interest of the customer strong. Businesses should monitor how long it takes for employees to connect with the customer, and always strive to shorten that amount of time.
Monitoring the above metrics will help you to craft a personalized campaign for interactive marketing in Scottsdale that works best for your business.
If you are interested in some professional marketing help to improve SEO and interactive marketing in Scottsdale or another city, trust in the online marketing experts at Fasturtle. Our team specializes in SEO, social media, web design and more, and can help you to create and monitor a campaign to bring you immense success online. To learn more about interactive marketing in Scottsdale or wherever your business may be located, call Fasturtle at (888) 468-8785 or contact us online.