So, you've written the best blog post ever. After coming up with a great title and fabulous content you are confident this one will be the one that finally breaks through. You've been doing this for a while now and just know this post will show up on page one of the search results.
When it doesn’t show up on the elusive page one, you wonder “what happened?” It’s likely you didn't do a very good job with on-page SEO. This term refers to all the things you can do on your website that will result in higher rankings. This is the SEO strategy you need to implement, and fast.
On page SEO techniques and strategies:
- Great content. Nothing will please Google and the other search engines more than original, brilliant content. Content that is well researched, and everything your audience is looking for. Don't just fill up your site with silly, ambiguous verbiage just to see something published. It won't work.
- Page titles and descriptions. Search engines "read" your website and if they aren't seeing what they deem are the important things, your post will not rank well. Every post or article must have a unique page title that search engines understand. When your post shows up in search engine results pages, it will be seen through the description you give it. Well written, to the point, descriptive, is what you're looking for.
- Images. Use your own images, or find original ones. Always optimize every image's ALT tags. Here is where you can be creative in describing what the image is all about.
- Internal linking. This is a great way to optimize your website. In every post you write, include links to other posts or other website information, that points back to great content on your site. This is a good way to point the search engines to other relevant posts on your website. It keeps people on your site, too, rather than having them drop away for lack of interest.
- Keywords. Never publish a post or any content on your website without using relevant keywords. A Scottsdale SEO firm can assist you with discovering the best long-tail keywords that you should be including in everything you write.
- Call-to-Action. This is where you ask your readers to go do something. Click here, or read this or see over here. You might send them to a social media platform where they can see additional information.
All of these on page SEO techniques will help you boost your rankings. If you are looking for a comprehensive SEO program in Scottsdale or to learn more about social media marketing techniques, the experts at Fasturtle can help. Give our SEO strategy experts a call (888) 468-8785 or contact us online to learn more.