As a small business owner, you probably already know that you need to have a website for your business to stay relevant and be more visible to your customers. However, you may be wondering how much it will cost you to have one built. But before you get the answer to that question, you need to understand that the cost of designing and developing a website will depend on several factors, such as its size and functionality. Of course, a larger website with lots of complex functionalities will cost more to develop.
The Cost of Building a Website
Here’s a list of the possible cost of having a website developed for a small business.
- Under $1,000: For under $1,000, you can expect to have only one person working on the design and development of your website. Websites that fall under this price are typically just microsites or simple pages with basic details, such as products and services, as well as your business’ contact information.
- $1,000 – $2,000: For this price, you can expect a bit more customization, as well as some strategic insight and input on social media marketing and information architecture.
- $2,500 – $5,000: You should be able to get a more comprehensive functionality and design at this price. This is also considered as the ideal price range for most small business websites.
- Over $5,000: This price is for larger websites with many pages or those with more complicated functionalities such as e-commerce sites, as building such websites take more time, effort, and resources.
Essential Website Building Expenses
Here are some unavoidable expenses of having a website developed and the general costs that come along with it.
- Domain name: The cost of domain name registration can be anywhere between $10 and $15 per year.
- SSL certificate: An SSL certificate can cost $70 up to $300 per year. Certificates that add higher levels of trustworthiness to your site are more expensive.
- Hosting: The price for a website hosting can range between $40 and $200 a year.
- Content Management System (CMS): The cost will depend on the CMS you choose. WordPress is free, but others can cost up to $1,000, especially for highly customized ones.
- Design and development: Development templates and tool may only cost $100 to $200. More customized designs cost around $400 to $1,600 while development cost is $600 to $2,000.
Having a customized website for your business does not come cheap, so it’s crucial that you choose a trustworthy website design and development company in Phoenix. Our team of talented web designers at Fasturtle Digital can help bring your visions come to life. However, a beautiful design will only get you so far without relevant content. So, while you’re at it, do check out our digital marketing services.